- This event has passed.
Magic Grant Information Session – Columbia
March 21, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am EDT
The David and Helen Gurley Brown Institute at Columbia Journalism School and the School of Engineering at Stanford are delighted to announce its 2022-2023 Magic Grant program. Applications are due April 8, 2022!
To provide more information about our grants and the application process, the Brown Institute is hosting virtual Magic Grant Information Sessions on the following dates:
Each year, the Brown Institute awards close to $1M in grants to help you “follow your passion and experiment with new approaches to storytelling,” to paraphrase Helen Gurley Brown.
Our “Magic Grants” are a unique blend of technology and media. Grantees develop new ways to find and tell stories — producing platforms that extend our creativity, or creating powerful new works of journalism.
- A Magic Grant can mean financial support for you and your team for up to a year (fellowships at Columbia, research positions at Stanford)
- A Magic Grant can provide funding for your project — for production, prototyping, or purchasing services, software or equipment
- A Magic Grant offers access to mentorship and our extensive alumni network
The Magic Grant program provides year-long funding awards of up to $150,000 ($300,000 for teams with members of both the Columbia and Stanford communities and their collaborators). In addition to funding, grantees have access to a distinguished advisory and mentoring group, and an extensive and inspiring alumni network.
If you’re interested in learning more about our Magic Grant offerings, come to our upcoming information session where you can find out:
- The types of projects we’re interested in supporting
- The various types of support we offer to grantees & fellows
- Eligibility guidelines
- How our staff can help you develop your proposal
- How to apply
If you have any questions, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org